Solution Manual For South Western Federal Taxation 2016 Individual Income Taxes 39th Edition William Hoffman
Table Of Contents
PART I: INTRODUCTION AND BASIC TAX MODEL.
1. An Introduction to Taxation and Understanding the Federal Tax Law.
2. Working with the Tax Law.
3. Tax Formula and Tax Determination; An Overview of Property Transactions.
PART II: GROSS INCOME.
4. Gross Income: Concepts and Inclusions.
5. Gross Income: Exclusions.
PART III: DEDUCTIONS.
6. Deductions and Losses: In General.
7. Deductions and Losses: Certain Business Expenses and Losses.
8. Depreciation, Cost Recovery, Amortization, and Depletion.
9. Deductions: Employee and Self-Employed-Related Expenses.
10. Deductions and Losses: Certain Itemized Deductions.
11. Investor Losses.
PART IV: SPECIAL TAX COMPUTATION METHODS, PAYMENT PROCEDURES, AND TAX CREDITS.
12. Alternative Minimum Tax.
13. Tax Credits and Payment Procedures.
PART V: PROPERTY TRANSACTIONS.
14. Property Transactions: Determination of Gain or Loss and Basic Considerations.
15. Property Transactions: Nontaxable Exchanges.
16. Property Transactions: Capital Gains and Losses.
17. Property Transactions: Section 1231 and Recapture Provisions.
PART VI: ACCOUNTING PERIODS, ACCOUNTING METHODS, AND DEFERRED COMPENSATION.
18. Accounting Periods and Methods.
19. Deferred Compensation.
PART VII: CORPORATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS.
20. Corporations and Partnerships.
Appendix E: Comprehensive Tax Return Problems.