Solution Manual For Essentials of Strategic Management The Quest for Competitive Advantage 3rd Edition John E Gamble
Table Of Contents
PART ONE: CONCEPTS AND TECHNIQUES FOR CRAFTING AND EXECUTING STRATEGY
SECTION A: INTRODUCTION AND OVERVIEW
1. What Is Strategy and Why Is It Important?
2. Charting a Companys Direction: Vision and Mission, Objectives, and Strategy
SECTION B: CORE CONCEPTS AND ANALYTICAL TOOLS
3. Evaluating a Companys External Environment
4. Evaluating a Companys Resources, Cost Position, and Competitiveness
SECTION C: CRAFTING A STRATEGY
5. The Five Generic Competitive Strategies
6. Supplementing the Chosen Competitive StrategyOther Important Strategy Choices
7. Strategies for Competing in International Markets
8. Corporate Strategy: Diversification and the Multibusiness Company
9. Strategy, Ethics, and Corporate Social Responsibility
SECTION D: EXECUTING THE STRATEGY
10. Superior Strategy ExecutionAnother Path to Competitive Advantage
PART TWO: CASES IN CRAFTING AND EXECUTING STRATEGY
SECTION A: CRAFTING STRATEGY IN SINGLE-BUSINESS COMPANIES
1. Mystic Monk Coffee
2. Competition among the North American Warehouse Clubs: Costco Wholesale versus Sams Club versus BJs Wholesale
3. Competition in Energy Drinks, Sports Drinks, and Vitamin-Enhanced Beverages
4. Netflixs Business Model and Strategy in Renting Movies and TV Episodes
5. Redboxs Strategy in the Movie Rental Industry
6. Sift Cupcake and Dessert Bar
7. Blue Nile Inc. in 2011: Will Its Strategy to Remain Number One in Online Diamond Retailing Work?
8. Panera Bread Company in 2011Pursuing Growth in a Difficult Economy
9. Apple Inc. in 2011: Can It Prosper Without Steve Jobs?
10. Googles Strategy in 2011
SECTION B: CORPORATE STRATEGY IN MULTIBUSINESS COMPANIES
11. Sara Lee Corporation in 2011: Has Its Retrenchment Strategy Been Successful?
SECTION C: IMPLEMENTING AND EXECUTING STRATEGY
12. Robin Hood
13. Southwest Airlines in 2010: Culture, Values, and Operating Practices
14. Norton Lilly International: Implementing Transformational Change in the Shipping Industry
15. Starbucks Strategy and Internal Initiatives to Return to Profitable Growth
SECTION D: BUSINESS ETHICS AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
16. Cash Connection: Are Its Payday Lender Strategy and Its Business Model Ethical?